Let’s face it. No one really likes to talk about this, but everyone wants to know. So here goes…
Let me start by saying everyone is different. These are just general methods to dealing with your monthly friend.
If you do have a regular cycle I always recommended taking a few days off to let your body cleanse itself naturally. Sometimes this isn’t an option if you have something special planned. Here are some of the most common ways ladies deal with this topic.
1) Getting on birth control so you no longer have a cycle.
2) Keeping track of your 28 day cycle and taking off the day of heavy flow.
3) Using a non-latex makeup sponge on light days or spotting.
4) Using a “soft cup” or the “diva cup”. (Effectiveness will depend on your anatomy. Tend to leak if your flow is heavy)
5) Using makeup sponges placed inside of a soft cup.
6) Cutting a tampon in half, with exception of the string. Balling up the string and placing it in it’s entirety up as far as you are comfortable. (Leave the string! It may be tricky to get back out)
7) Shepard’s Purse is a homeopathic said to stop cycle flow if taken at onset of your cycle.
8) Use red or colored condoms if you are light or spotting. This way there will be no red tinge on the end of the condom if you are spotting a bit.
Please take caution when inserting anything. It should be covering your cervix. At the same time you don’t want it lodged so far up you can’t retrieve it later. Sometimes doggie or deeper positions are good to avoid. That may keep the material from being placed any further up the vaginal canal.
Hope this is helpful!